The Ground Hog T4-HS-18 Trencher
The Ground Hog T-4 Trencher is a small, operator propelled, chain-type trencher designed for jobs requiring up to a 12 or 18-inch deep trench. Heavy gauge powder-coated steel is used throughout the T-4’s construction as well as tapered roller bearings and double-row ball bearings to ensure trouble-free service. Over 60 years of experience in the Rental, Construction, and Landscape industries have produced a design that is very durable and easy to maintain, which leads to a fast return on investment.
The T-4’s narrow, compact design allows easy access around the job site and it easily fits through gates and doorways. The T-4 is also easier to use and transport than larger trenchers. The simplified operator controls help make the machine less intimidating to operators unfamiliar with using outdoor power equipment.
The Ground Hog T-4 uses a unique ratchet mechanism on the wheels to help prevent the machine from pulling away from the trenching direction. This greatly aids the operator while trenching and allows the trencher to do the digging while the side delivery auger piles the dirt up neatly beside the trench. When the depth control handle is moved to one of the 3 digging positions the wheel ratchets engage allowing the wheels to only roll in the trenching direction.
Key features of Ground Hog T4-HS-18 Trenchers
- Easy to use, operator-friendly controls
- Low Maintenance
- Fits through narrow gates and doorways
- Will trench close to walls, fences, etc.
- Heavy gauge steel unibody frame
- Durable powder-coated finish
- Choice of carbide tipped Shark Teeth or carbide tipped Bullet Teeth
- Solid roller digging chain for increased life
- Wide pneumatic tires with tubes
- Centrifugal clutch equipped with needle bearings and all-metal drum and shoes