Gardenland is #1 Rated Outdoor Power Equipment Retailer in Northern California
We sell and service premium quality gas and battery powered equipment to homeowners, gardeners, professional landscapers, arborists, construction companies, schools, and municipalities. Gardenland provides service to professional landscapers and homeowners in Campbell, San Jose, Saratoga, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Fremont, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Menlo Park, San Francisco, Morgan Hill, and Gilroy.
Value – we understand the needs of our commercial and homeowner customers, and offer a huge selection of gardening and landscaping equipment and accessories that deliver high-performance, innovation and reliability.
Innovation – we’re constantly finding innovative battery and gas powered equipment, getting equipment field tested by professional landscapers, then making the best available for sale and service.
Honest Service – with over more than half-century of experience we will recommend the right equipment that will meet your needs.
60+ Years of History
Family Owned & Operated Since 1960
Founded in 1960 by Ray and Lucy Matsumoto, Gardenland Power Equipment has grown into one of the largest outdoor power equipment retailers in the US. Ray returned from the Korean War during a time when there was considerable discriminations against Asians. He could not find a job after serving his country, and started his own gardening business. He quickly saw the opportunity to sell high-quality landscape tools to fellow gardeners.
In 1970, Glenn Kurimoto joined Ray and the two of them led Gardenland through the ’80s and ’90s.
Richard Ogawa became the third partner around 2014, and he is now the CEO and President of Gardenland while Ray and Glenn finally retired.
Throughout the years our core values have never changed. We focus on delivering good honest business to all of our customers, and continuously bring new product innovations and services to help our customers.
The Gardenland Advantage
- Largest selection of Makita Cordless, Stihl, Echo, Shindaiwa, Husqvarna, Exmark, and much more.
- Biggest selection of battery and electric powered equipment from STIHL, Mean Green and Gravely.
- Service value provided with all new equipment purchases (by our factory trained service technicians)
- Equipment professionally assembled and repaired by our factory trained technicians.
- Gardenland is an Authorized Warranty Service Center for: Honda, STIHL, Echo, Shindaiwa, Husqvarna, Exmark and Mean Green.
- Elite Dealer Status Awarded for the best service and value to our customers.
- Hablãmos Español
The Big Box Retailer Disadvantage
- They sell entry-level quality equipment that is not reliable and durable.
- Limited product selection.
- Sales associates lack product knowledge.
- No replacement parts available.
- No repair service or it’s outsourced.
- Equipment assembly may be required by consumer.