Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Recipro Saw Kit. It has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application, and is powered by the industry’s fastest charging 18V lithium-ion batteries. With Makita, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XRJ05T as they use across the Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool line-up.
The XRJ05T is equipped with efficiency features for faster cutting. The long 1-1/4” stroke length increases cutting efficiency, and the refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration. Convenience features include an L.E.D. light to illuminate the line of cut, a retractable tool hook, and “tool-less” blade change for faster blade installation and removal.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Kit includes: 1 Recipro saw, 1 18V (5.0Ah) battery BL1850B and 1 charger DC18RC.
- Makita-built variable 2-speed brushless motor delivers 0-2,300 (Low) & 0-3,000 (High) strokes per minute
- Long 1-1/4″ stroke length provides increased cutting efficiency
- Built-in L.E.D. light with pre-glow and afterglow illuminates the work area
- Refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration.
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- “Tool-less” blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity.
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 17-1/4″ long
- Weighs only 8.2 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge.
- Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge*
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less.
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger