The DR Power PRO 400 Chipper Shredder is designed to tackle big jobs for homeowners and has a 7 horse power Briggs and Stratton engine to power 12 hammer blades to shred and mulch branches and leaves. The Pro 400 model can handle branches up to 4″ in diameter and can shred bigger yard and garden waste up to 3/4″ in diameter, and will material down to 1/12 its original volume.
The shredder hopper opening is 19″ x 13.2″, for easily dropping in leaves and prunings by the armload. The chipper hopper will accept branches up to 4″ in diameter.
12 Free Swinging Hammers
Shredding is accomplished by 12 free swinging hammers that mash and pulverize materials into a fine organic mulch that’s great for recycling into your landscape either by tilling into your garden or feeding your compost pile.
Briggs and Stratton OHV Engine
The PRO 400 Chipper Shredder uses a durable 7.0 HP (11.5 ft-lbs gross torque*) Overhead Valve, easy-starting engine. It features a debris management system that protects the engine from whatever you kick up while you’re chipping and shredding.
Maneuverable and Towable!
The PRO 400 model is easy to maneuver by hand, thanks to the cut-out hand grips on the shredder chute.
- 4″ Chipping Capacity
- 3/4″ Shredding Capacity
- 12 Free-Swinging Shredder Hammers
- Built-in handles for easy maneuvering
- Briggs & Stratton OHV Engine; 7.0 HP (11.5 ft-lbs gross torque*)
- Manual- or Electric-Starting
- 13.8″ x 8.3″ Chipper Hopper Opening
- 19″ x 13.2″ Shredder Hopper Opening
- Hardened Steel PRO-SPEC Chipper Knife
- Wheels: 9″ x3.5-4″
- Weight: 185 lbs.
- Shredding Capacity: 3/4 inch
- Shredder Hopper Opening: 19.0 in x 13.2 in
- Number Of Hammers: 12:01
- Shredder Chamber Hit/Minute: 36,048
- Hammer Features: Multi-use J-Hammers
- Standard Screen: Yes, 1 in Hole discharge
- Safety Blowback Shield
- Chipping Capacity: 4 inches
- Chipper Knife Size: 4.75 in x 1.25 in x 0.28 in
- Chipper Knife-Material: D2 Tool Steel
- Hopper Opening Size: 13.8 in x 8.3 in
- Chipper Knife Speed: 118 MPH