A chainsaw designed for firewood cutting – with a great power-to-weight ratio. When you rely on firewood to keep your home warm and cozy, you need a good chainsaw to build a solid woodpile. With an exceptional power-to-weight ratio, the STIHL MS 250 is up to the job. It’s easy to use and combines great features to tackle clearing or cleanup tasks, as well as cut through small limbs and trees. For many years, the MS 250 has been a customer favorite, a model of efficiency and reliability that brings incredible performance every time.
- Displacement: 45.4 cc (2.77 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 2.2 kW (3.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 4.6 kg (10.1 lbs.)
- Fuel Capacity: 470 cc (15.9 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 200 cc (6.8 oz.)
- Oilmatic Chain: .325″ RM3
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended ranges): 40 to 45 cm (16″ to 18″)
- Power Source: Gas
- Easy-Access Air Filter Cover Easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Rear Hand Guard Reduces the risk of injury as well as provides a wide area for foot placement during starting.
- Master Control Lever™ The Master Control Lever™ is easy to use a single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Built-in the USA Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Winter/Summer Shutter The Winter/Summer Shutter allows the carburetor to operate at optimum temperature year-round and helps to prevent carburetor icing when working below 50°F (10°C).