Join Our Team
Gardenland is on a fast growth path and looking to add more people that want to be part of our team. If you are interested in a career opportunity with great work benefits, apply for one of our job openings.
Think of Gardenland as a “60-year old start-up.” Our company was founded in 1960 and profitable in our first year of business. Gardenland’s business grew by selling and servicing power equipment to the growing number of gardeners and landscapers making a living in Silicon Valley. Today we serve a broad group of commercial and homeowner customers, and we have injected our business with innovative ideas and our “Silicon Valley start-up DNA” to put our company on an accelerated growth path. We have established Gardenland as a market mover and leader in the $9 Billion outdoor power equipment industry.
How to Apply
Service Department Manager
Job-Type: Full-time position
We are looking for a personable, detail-oriented service manager to join our growing company. In this position, you will Manages service department team members, including customer service interactions, reports, and repairs. Provides the highest level of customer service with a sales-minded attitude while developing lasting customer relationships.
• Oversee service department operations with full profit and loss accountability.
• Schedule, delegate, and direct service tasks; monitor the daily progress of all current and pending repairs
• Contact customers when service jobs need requoting and customer approval is required
• Consistently deliver incredible customer service experiences by offering knowledge, advice, and answering questions and concerns
• Monitors department issues and client complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues
• Regularly audits work being done and customer service is provided to ensure all standards are met and that repair work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly
• Act as the highest source of information for all service, inventory, and product-knowledge concerns and work process matters (for both employees and customers)
• Manage and price invoices
• Keep a safe and clean workspace at all times
• Monitor employee work and provide frequent progress reports in order to improve employee satisfaction and efficiency
• Follow and abide by all industry standards, regulations, and laws
• Help train new employees in company procedures, including safety and work processes
• Stay up to date on industry standards and any new innovations, materials, tools and/or processes that can benefit the company
Service Manager Requirements and Qualifications
Previous Service Management Experience, Comprehensive Industry Knowledge, Management Experience, Strong Customer-Facing Skills, Strong Written and Verbal Communication, Self-Motivated, Troubleshooting, Creative Problem-Solving, Degree in Business or Administration
• High school diploma or GED equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred
• A dynamic leader with a proven track record managing a service department
• Works well under pressure and manages stressful situations with ease
• Computer literate and proficient
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish a big plus
• Organized, efficient, and results-driven
• Strong customer service and salesmanship skills
Retail Sales Associate
Job-Type: Full-time and Part-time positions available
Our retail associates work on the front line working in a fast-paced environment servicing our wide range of customers including professional landscapers and gardeners, construction contractors, and homeowners. This is a sales and customer service focused position and you will be measured by your customer service, accuracy, punctuality, and attendance, and your ability to learn about the products we sell and to provide outstanding customer service.
You will be trained by and report to our Sales Manager, and work as a part of a high-performance retail team, meeting sales goals and using our point-of-sale system.
- Serve as cashier and check-out customers
- Pick and pull sales orders
- Restock retail shelf with equipment, parts, and accessories
- Greet customers quickly and warmly as they enter our store – let them know you’re glad they’re there
- Provide outstanding customer service that’s sincere, enthusiastic, and professional
- Qualify customer needs, figure out what’s right for them, and get them in touch with the right person (if it’s not you!)
- Share your knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Use our point-of-sale and mobile point-of-sale systems to cashier and process customer purchases (we’ll train you!)
- Be at work and be there on time – your team is counting on you!
Flexible Work Schedule
Gardenland is open 6-days a week from Monday through Saturday and we will provide flexible scheduling for 5 of those days.
You don’t necessarily need retail experience or a degree, but you’ll need to be a self-starter with excellent time management skills, work independently and with a cross-functional team.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish is a PLUS but not required
- Enjoy meeting and working with customers
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and ability to use a calculator and computer
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and self-drive
- No experience required, just a great attitude!
You’ll be on your feet a lot – this job involves a lot of moving and standing (at least two consecutive hours). You’ll need to be able to lift at least 30 pounds, and may occasionally need to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb ladders, and reach above eye level – it’s not cardio, but it’s a lot of movement! The job also involves carrying equipment and boxes between our store and warehouse.
About Gardenland Power Equipment
Think of Gardenland as a “60-year old start-up.” Our company was founded in 1960 and profitable in our first year of business. Gardenland’s business grew by selling and servicing power equipment to the growing number of gardeners and landscapers making a living in Silicon Valley. Today we serve a broad group of commercial and h omeowner customers, and we have injected our business with innovative ideas and our “Silicon Valley start-up DNA” to put our company on an accelerated growth path. We have established Gardenland as a market mover and leader in the $9 Billion outdoor power equipment industry.
Why Work at Gardenland?
If you are looking for a career that offers a lot of personal growth and upside then Gardenland is a good fit for you. We are in growth mode and can offer many career path opportunities if you demonstrate a willingness to learn, are self-motivated, responsible, and hard-working. We also provide medical and vision care benefits, profit-sharing opportunities, 401k retirement savings, and a flexible work schedule.
Outside Sales Representative
Gardenland is looking for an Outside Sales Representative. This is a key full-time sales position, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building the company brands, acquiring new clients using different methods (cold calls, etc.), and maintaining customer relationships.
- Provide sales and customer sales support to new and existing customers.
- Develop and cultivate new customer accounts.
- Provide product demonstrations, accurate product information (e.g. product features, pricing, and after-sales services), and process customer orders.
- Analyzes monthly results, identifies opportunities, and make decisions in collaboration with your team to drive customer satisfaction and engagement, sales and profit.
- Seeks knowledge of new products, local competitor practices, and retail trends applying learnings to the store experience and transferring knowledge to the sales team.
- Demonstrate agility as needed to drive change and lead with openness and positivity.
- Effectively communicate with the team on your goals and critical priorities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of prior experience in a similar role
- Proven record of strong sales presence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations
- Ability to learn products and acquire vendor knowledge quickly
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent
*Eligible full-time Gardenland employees are provided: flexible work hours, medical and dental insurance, a profit-sharing bonuses program, and 401k retirement benefits (after one year of employment).